Subject: Re: Stop Internet Censorship!
From: [email-masked] (robert hood)
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 1995 13:58:55 -0500

> 
> David Warner writes:
> > This is obviously an off-topic post, but the Internet censorship issue 
> > will affect all of us....if you care about this then PLEASE read on...
> 
> [highly relevant censorship article deleted]
> 
> 	Ummm, the only thing that I'm curious about it whether us Canucks
> up here in the frozen wastes have any say in the matter?  I'd like to
> express support, but since this Internet Censorship is an American law,
> it's unlikely that American politicians are going to listen
> to non-constituents like us anti-censorship Canadians. (:

Don't worry.  They probably won't even listen to those of us who *are* their
constituents.  This whole thing has the stink of some political action
committee (probably the up-and-coming Religious Right hoping to throw us
back into the Middle Ages), and if you aren't part of some PAC, only your
taxable income matters to the establishment here in America.

What ever happend to parental discretion?  I know it's still out there
somewhere, because I keep seeing it mentioned on movie ratings.

Render me gone,               |||
Bob                         ^(===)^
-------------------------oOO--(_)--OOo--------------------------------------
Bob Hood            | All governments suffer from a recurring problem:
Virtual Visions     | Power attracts pathological personalities.  It is not
1.303.989.4191      | that power corrupts, but that it is magnetic to the
                    | corruptible.  Such people have a tendency to become
[email-masked]    | drunk on violence, a condition to which they are
[email-masked]      | quickly addicted              - Frank Herbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------